THE wife of the Everton footballer who has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences has reportedly moved out of their marital home as he’s moved to a “safe house”.
The Premier League player, who can’t legally be named, was held by police last Friday before being released on bail.
His wife has now left the home shared by the couple, MailOnline reported.
The international player meanwhile has been moved to a “safe house” since he was arrested by Greater Manchester Police.
A source close to the player reportedly told MailOnline that she was being comforted by her family members.
The source added: “I’m told from a reliable source that he is in a safe house that Everton got him and he is being supported 24/7.”
The Sun Online has contacted Everton FC for comment.
Cops also raided his home earlier this month where “several items were seized”.
The player has now been suspended by Everton while police investigate the allegations.
A statement from the team said: “Everton can confirm it has suspended a player pending a police investigation.
“The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time.”
His arrest has sent shockwaves through the club with the Toffees’ first game of the season against Southampton just weeks away.
A source said: “It has stunned the dressing room. Everyone’s hoping the allegations aren’t true.”
The alleged offences have been described as “very serious” with the probe led by Greater Manchester Police’s Major Incident Team.
In a statement, the force said: “Officers arrested a man on Friday 16 July 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences.
“He is on police bail pending further enquiries.”
Meanwhile, England star Fabian Delph was last night wrongly named as the player suspended by Everton over alleged child sex offences.
Tens of thousands of social media users shared false messages claiming Delph, 31, had been arrested after a raid.
Last night an Everton source said: “It’s been extremely unfortunate for Fabian.
“He is entirely innocent and has been dragged into this by the club’s decision not to name the other player, directly leading to rumours spreading on unregulated websites and social media.”